Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What happened to Thanksgiving?

I've noticed this year that we have gone straight from Halloween to Christmas! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I think it deserves a little more attention! : )

I work downtown and on my way to work the Monday after Halloween, I saw Christmas trees in store windows and couldn't believe it. I was disappointed again the following week when several neighbors had Christmas lights and trees up. The home owners association gives us a certain date that the lights have to be taken down but can't they be put up too early?

This year I saw no turkeys, no pilgrim hats or feathers. Jack-o-lanterns turned into Christmas trees. I absolutely love Christmas but my family will continue the tradition of putting the Christmas tree and decorations up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment